1.17.2011

S and the Beej [Layton, Utah Children's Photographer]

When I was driving to Plain City, UT to do this session, I was a bit worried. The weather has been plain murky here lately, and it was another particularly smoggy day. I could barely see the mountains they were so covered in gunk. But I was determined to make it work! I arrived and chatted over clothing options with Rachel and her mom Dawn. It was so good to see them all again! Rachel and I have known each other since the dawn of time (ok, high school) but it's always nice to see her and her mom and dad because I was over at their house so much during my high school years I called them my second parents :)

Anyway, we figured out the clothes and the setting and we were off. The fog was actually okay because it produced a nice diffused, light. Always nice. And we got to shoot next to the old red barn. And then we set up some lights inside to try a few more things. It was a lot of fun playing with the lights, backdrops and props to make this session unique. Rach, enjoy the sneak peek and we'll talk soon.








No comments: